July 31, 2013
July 30, 2013
It gives me immense pleasure to announce that my favorite food event of all - My Legume Love Affair will be hosted here for the month of August. It has been a while since I hosted the last one which was way back in 2010. Now, its time to rock and roll again, to celebrate the goodness and versatility of our dear legumes.
Since August is also the month where this blog of mine celebrates its 6th year of existence, I have added couple of more giveaways to win for this event. All you have to do is whip up a dish with legumes as key ingredient and send it over to me. This event is open to all - bloggers and non-bloggers alike and each entry is eligible for the random drawing of the 4 prizes being offered.
Get those aprons of yours ready to cook some delicious legumes all month along!. I am waiting. :-)
|(Logo courtesy: Susan of Well-Seasoned Cook)|
July 22, 2013
Another exciting edition of WHB comes to an end and here are the entries I received in the past week. Do show them your love by visiting their blogs. Trust me, each one of the recipes will excite your taste buds and will make you hungry. :-)
July 20, 2013
“The rain to the wind said, You push and I'll pelt.'
They so smote the garden bed, That the flowers actually knelt,
And lay lodged--though not dead, I know how the flowers felt.” ~ Robert Frost
|Cookies with Yogi Chai Tea|
July 15, 2013
[Update] This recipe has been featured on ..
***************************************************“The kitchen, reasonably enough, was the scene of my first gastronomic adventure. I was on all fours. I crawled into the vegetable bin, settled on a giant onion and ate it, skin and all. It must have marked me for life, for I have never ceased to love the hearty flavor of raw onions.” ~ James Beard (1903-1985)
|Savory Vegetable Bread Pudding|
July 14, 2013
I am super thrilled to announce that its my turn to guest host Weekend Herb Blogging this week, yet again. The whole concept of WHB is to introduce a whole new gamut of recipes where plants/fruits/vegetables/herbs are the real star. Kudos to both Haalo of Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once for organizing it each week and Kalyn, who originally conceptualized this event many years ago!
Please join me in cooking and celebrating the natural goodness a variety of seasonal produce all through this week.
Below are some simple rules of participation: (from Haalo's post)
1. Entries to Weekend Herb Blogging must be posts written specifically for Weekend Herb Blogging. This means they cannot be cross-posted in other events. Photos used in the posts however can be submitted to photo events like DMBLGIT.
2. Weekend Herb Blogging entries should have the goal of helping people learn about cooking with herbs or plant ingredients. Only two types of entries will be accepted -
* Recipe posts where a herb or plant ingredient is one of the primary ingredients in the recipe
* Informative posts that spotlight one herb or plant ingredient, particularly including information about how they are used in cooking. Naturally, posts can be a combination of both these criteria.
3. Posts must contain the phrase Weekend Herb Blogging with a link to this announcement post and Haalo's original WHB post.
4. Send in your entries to info(dot)siri(at)gmail (dot) com with subject "WHB" with following information. If you don't receive an acknowledgement for 48 hrs of your submission, please feel free to ping me by commenting on this post as sometimes email communications get lost.
Your Blog Name/URL
Your Post URL
Your Location (will not be published)
Attach a photo (any size)
6. All the entries will be featured as they are received on Cooking With Siri Facebook page.
7. I will accept entries posted from now to till July 21st 2013. 11pm Sunday - Indian Standard Time/ 3pm Sunday - Utah Time/ 10pm Sunday - London Time/ 9am Monday - Melbourne (Aus) adjusted for daylight savings time. You can use this converter to find out the corresponding time in your location. No late or previously published entries please. Roundup will be published by Monday, July 22nd midnight (IST).
Check out previous editions of WHB roundups -
Weekend Herb Blogging # 159 Roundup 
Weekend Herb Blogging # 352 Roundup 
Did you like what you just read. then Subscribe to Cooking With Siri feed (OR)
Be the first one to know what I am going to post next by "Liking" Cooking With Siri page on Facebook and follow me on twitter.
July 7, 2013
Cusine: Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
Location: Taj Deccan, Road 1, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
Phone: 040 66663939 / 092 95 006969
Hours of Operation: Mon - Sun: 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm, 7:30 pm - 1:00 am
Website: Syn Asian Grill & Bar, Taj Hotels
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/synicious
Recommendations: Sushi Rolls, Yasai Salad, Vietnamese Vegetable Red Curry, Cocktails
July 5, 2013
Ending this food-based week of my Project365 with a delicious curry I tried few nights ago from Nupur's blog. It's simple, yet the addition of green (herb) paste and coconut milk is what gives this curry a whole new dimension. We thoroughly enjoyed it with our rotis, raita and onions + lemon wedges on the side.
July 4, 2013
I would say this is it. That's how much I love Mexican cuisine. So, when we discovered La Cantina restaurant in the plush Novotel Hyderabad, we were ecstatic
(is an understatement). The food did live up to our expectations and my personal favorite was this Tortilla Soup which I was eating after a loong loong time!. We also ordered Vegetarian Enchilada, which was ok and Spinach Cheese balls which were perfect. All in all, a nice quaint place to visit if you are in the city and if you love Mexican food as we do.
Week 27 in pictures
Week 27 in pictures