Time flies. literally.
It feels like just yesterday I posted my step by step Sabudana Khichdi recipe with an intention to master it and proudly share with you all. (I had quite a few disasters with this dish before). Well, that's happened for last Dussehra. This year, things have changed quite a bit on personal front - am a new city, living with in laws and enjoying the pleasures of having parents two lanes away. :-)
With just 10 days away for Dussehra festival (its on October 16th 2012), am sure you all are gearing up to be in a festive mood, like me.. Like last year, am planning to post some of the very popular recipes especially made during this festive season in coming few days.
Here is a quintessential Sundal recipe. - Navadhanya Sundal, which is super easy to make and super healthy to eat otherwise. Enjoy!
Check out previously posted Dussehra Recipes:
Sweet Corn Sundal
Sojjappalu | Kesari Stuffed Poori | Sojja Poorilu (Step by Step Recipe)
2-minute Pineapple Dessert
Dates and Sesame Poornam Boorelu
Nagori Poori with Paneer Korma
Mixed Vegetable Korma
Dussehra Sambaralu: Aloo Pulao, Palak-Methi Paneer, Carrot Halwa
Recipe for Navadhanya Sundal (9 Bean Salad)
2 cups in total i.e few tbsp each of any 9 kinds of beans (legumes) I used:
red kidney beans (rajma)
black eyed peas
dried green peas
whole green moong dal
whole black urad dal (sabut urad)
dried field beans (lilva)
1/2 cup fresh coconut, grated
few curry leaves
2 green chillies, slit in the middle
2 tsp of oil
2 tsp mustard seeds
salt - to taste
1/2 lemon juice
1. Wash, rinse and then Soak all the beans together in a bowl overnight.
2. Drain water and place them in a pressure cooker. Add water until beans are immersed and cook them until slightly soft (not too mushy) for 2-3 whistles.
3. Drain and keep the cooked beans aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds with green chillies and curry leaves. Once they start to splutter, add the beans. Mix everything. After 4-5 minutes, season with salt. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice.
5. Transfer in a serving bowl and top with grated fresh coconut. Simple and Delicious!
until next time,
Did you like what you just read. then Subscribe to Cooking With Siri feed (OR)
Be the first one to know what I am going to post next by "Liking" Cooking With Siri page on Facebook and follow me on twitter.