Frittata is basically an Italian omelette with lots of veggies and its thicker and yummier than a normal omelette. There are many different varieties of Frittata both meat and meatless. This "Easy Garden Frittata" is my first time experiment in Italian cuisine and it was a super duper success and I am sure you will love it too.
The original recipe can be found here. My version doesn't have Parmesan cheese and I added few more ingredients to give it an Indian kick..:D
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Eggs - 4
Grated Potato - 2 tbsp
Grated Carrot - 2 tbsp
Chopped Broccoli - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tbsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
PAM Spray or Oil - 1/2 tbsp
How to make:
1. In a flat skillet, spray a little PAM or use oil, add grated potato, carrot and finely chopped broccoli - let these cook for few minutes.
2. Then add salt, chilli powder and garam masala - mix well.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with milk added and then pour it evenly on the veggie mixture.
4. Cover the skillet and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium-low heat untill the eggs are properly cooked. Flip over and repeat the step for few more minutes.
5. Optional: add parmesan cheese over it and cover for few more minutes. I skipped this step as I am not a big fan of cheese and also to make it more healthy.
6. When done, let it stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions and Serve with any sauce/chutney preferably tomato sauce.
This is my entry to Weekend Breakfast Blogging # 16: Omelettes initially started by Nandita and now hosted by dear Kanchana.