A BIG THANK YOU to all who joined in this amazing journey of lending our support to the girls of Vaidehi Ashram. Due to personal reasons, I will not longer be able to collect donations through this blog, but I encourage you to contact the ashram directly whenever you wish to share your love for the girls at the ashram.Here are their contact details:
..now .. a look back at some wonderful moments of the girls which were possible only because of Y.O.U. :-)
The readers of this blog are well aware of Vaidehi Ashram and the little girls whom I absolutely adore. Its a place where about 122 girls ages from 3 to 22 live together, most of them have no parents or a family of their own. Its a place where I find solace and their innocent smiles & dreams help me always to be positive in life no matter what. Those who want to read and know more about them, below are all the posts published here on the blog -
Vaidehi Ashram Kids Shirdi Trip Photographs Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 |
Fund Drive 2012 for Vaidehi Ashram [more than 3 Lakh Rupees raised for the kids]
How the money has been spent to help out the kids of Vaidehi Ashram
A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to raise $2560 in 6 months. :-) This response exceeded our expectations and until this amount has been disbursed, the "Give Now" will be removed from the page. Please check on the spreadsheet below for regular updates on the expenditure of funds to the ashram.
Vaidehi Ashram Supporter's List
Note: Within 48 hours, if you don't find your name in the below list or regarding any discrepancy with the details mentioned against your name, please do write to me or leave a comment. Thanks and Apologies in advance. :-)
Below, my mother is giving the remaining amount of Rs 56,991 to the Vaidehi Ashram authorities.
Many have also inquired about costs involved in sponsoring education, food etc for the Ashram girls. Below are the various projects and their expenses at the ashram. If you wish to directly talk to the authorities at the ashram, please send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-40-24075544 (or) +91 9032152105 to discuss regarding the project you wish to sponsor. If you need any other help from my side in terms of coordination, please let me know. I will be more than happy to do it for you.
1. Adopt a girl for one year (Includes clothing, food, education and other necessities) [25,000/- Rupees]
2. Vidyanidhi (Education costs a girl for one year) [6,000/- Rupees]
3. Mangala Nidhi (One time deposit to cover a day's food expenses commemorating any auspicious occasion every year) [25,000/- Rupees]
4. Smrithi Nidhi (One time deposit to cover a day's food expenses in remembrance of your beloved every year) [25,000/- Rupees]
5. Kishori Vikas Yojana Nidhi (Expenditure to run one Centre of Development Project for Adolescent Girls for one month) [2000/- Rupees]
6. Vaidehi Mahila Vikasa Samithi (One month expenditure to train Unemployed Youth & Women. Also includes cost for food and shelter) [10,000/- Rupees]
7. To sponsor all three meals for one day for all the Ashram girls: [2,500/- Rupees]
8. To sponsor one meal for all the Ashram girls: [1,500/- Rupees]
The money raised through this blog Cooking With Siri will go directly to the Vaidehi Ashram, Hyderabad. All the transactions, payments, distribution process will be properly accounted for and details of the expenditure will be published on this post. All donations are exempted from I.T Under 80-G and accorded permission under FCRA.